Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What to do about underground pipes when landscaping?

Quincy
Just Starting Out

What to do about underground pipes when landscaping?

Hi there, I am very new to landscaping and was wondering where I can find information on important considerations before doing a DIY landscaping. The main question I had was about the underground pipes (grey and white) placed by the builders. Do I saw them and place a cover over it? How far off the ground should they be and what cover should I use?

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-17 at 8.31.35 PM.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Landscaping tips: Underground pipes

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Quincy. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about landscaping.

You should first determine what these pipes are, and they should be on your house plans. I'd imagine it would be best to install inspection outlets on them so they can be easily accessed in the future if they need to be cleared out.

They would typically be cut just below the finished soil level so the outlet finishes flush with the soil.

You might like to enlist the services of a professional for this job as it likely would be considered plumbing work.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects