Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What are the best screws for fixing 9mm MDF to metal?

Meriksen
Just Starting Out

What are the best screws for fixing 9mm MDF to metal?

I am busy fitting out my van and need to attach 9mm MDF to the floor of the van.  What are the best screws to use?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: what are the best screws for fixing 9mm mdf to metal

Hello @Meriksen 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about what screws to use when fixing 9mm MDF to the floor of the van.

If your floor needs to be totally flat, I suggest using Zenith 8G x 25mm Galvanised Countersunk Head Metal Screws. My only tip is to make sure not to screw too close to the edge of the panel so that it does not strip the MDF material. The other option is Zenith 10G x 22mm Galvanised Wafer Head Metal Screws. This provides a better grip, but the head will be proud of the surface of the MDF.

Are you turning your van into a camper? If you are, please make sure to post an update. I'm sure our members are keen to see how you'll be fitting it out.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when drilling into metal.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects