Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix slippery outdoor tiles?

JannaR1
Finding My Feet

How to fix slippery outdoor tiles?

Hi
We live in a strata and our outdoor tiles - common property - are very slippery. We're looking for a non-slip tile coating. Which one is the best and cost efficient product? How often will we have to re-apply the coating? Of course, this will be done by a professional! 

Any other advice or ideas are highly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Slippery outdoor tiles - strata leaving

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JannaR1. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about coating tiles.

We have the DTA 1L Anti Slip coating that is suitable for external use on ceramic, mosaic and quarry and terrazzo tiles. It is not suitable for porcelain tiles. It produces little to no change in appearance to glazed tiles.

Re-application rates are determined by how much wear and tear from foot traffic the area receives. If the area is used often, you might need to re-apply every few years.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so very much! I'm forwarding this to our Property Managing company for their consideration. I presume you would have recommended companies should they decide to follow this up with Bunnings. BTW, I didn't expect any response over the Easter Weekend. You guys are amazing!  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JannaR1 

If you need further assistance with any other project you have at home, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects