Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Permatimber Quickboards reviews?

jwalduck
Just Starting Out

Permatimber Quickboards reviews?

I am in the process of adding insulation to a veranda ceiling - the tin roof just radiates heat under full Sun.

I am contemplating using Permatimber Quickboards for the ceiling lining. https://www.permacomposites.com/quickboard-ceiling-lining/

Does anyone have any experience with this product? Care to review it? Suggest alternative ceiling linings?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Permatimber Quickboards reviews?

Hello @jwalduck

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about ceiling linings.

Using Permatimber Quickboard Ceiling Lining has quite a few advantages over traditional ceiling lining such as villaboard and timber. It's insect resistant and has extremely low maintenance, which means that it does not need to be painted, oiled or stained. Due to its composite construction material, it will not rot either.

Installation is straightforward and it has a clever clip system that hides the screws giving you a beautiful finish. No need for plastering over screw or nail heads. 

When compared to traditional ceiling lining Quickboard is more cost-effective and time-saving in the long run.   

Here is a link to the installation brochure: Permatimber Quickboard Ceiling Lining

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jwalduck
Just Starting Out

Thanks Eric, though that just seems to be the marketing copy. I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience using this product.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jwalduck

I've seen the installation of Quickboard in our training seminars, but just in case you were wondering if this product has been used in residential spaces have a look at the Permatimber Blog. They've documented the projects where Quickboard has been installed. Was there a specific concern that you wanted to ask? If you have any questions about installation or the product, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects