Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Limewashed brick house

Jsuth19
Finding My Feet

Limewashed brick house

I've limewashed my brick house, every side is great except one. Should I high pressure hose it all off and paint it, or re- limewash it. 

Do limewashed houses sell okay?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Limewashed brick house

Hi @Jsuth19,

Could you please share some photos so our community members can give you better advice on next steps?

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Jsuth19 

A limewashed brick wall is a great way to change the look of the house. I suggest holding off on the pressure washer until our members have seen the condition of your wall. We'll be able to assess its current state and make recommendations on how to proceed.

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

you can see at the bottom it looks lIke it’s wet, it is not. 

And the front of the house it just flakes off a little you can’t see if on the wall but you can see the flakes on the ground 

47D84A24-B59E-4C37-A310-60EEF0530BFF.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Jsuth19,

It's a bit hard to tell from your photo what exactly is going on there. Could you take a closeup of the specific area for us?

Have you tried applying another coat of limewash? That might conceal the issue.

It could have been some contamination or just an odd reaction. I'd try applying another couple of coats of limewash, and if that fails you could remove the limewash from that area, clean thoroughly, apply an undercoat and then try again.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects