Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop water pooling against house?

hesamshimi
Cultivating a Following

How to stop water pooling against house?

Hello

I have noticed that rain water pools against the exterior wall of my house in one spot, around 50 cm wide and water 1-2cm deep. As you can see in the pic there is a drain hole just near it but angle is not done very accurately i reckon. Any methods you recommend to tackle this issue?

Cheers

20231120_210329.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: water pools against house

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hesamshimi. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about water drainage.

If even 1cm of water can build up here, then it indicates that not only is the area not graded away from the house as it should be, but it's actually sloped towards the house. 

Given the area is Pebblecrete, there are likely not many options regarding resurfacing. Perhaps you could consider cutting the slab back away from the house wall and installing an Everhard 3m EasyDRAIN Pressed Stainless Steel Metal Grate And Prejoined Channel between the slab and the house. That could then be connected to your stormwater, capturing this water in the low spot.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects