Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal tiles for outdoor patio protection?

bizza
Just Starting Out

How to seal tiles for outdoor patio protection?

I have a new outdoor covered patio which has been tiled. I need to seal the tiles what do I use. Is it Paving & Concrete Sealer or Slate and Stone Sealer.

16786897689321615315064803290797.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to seal tiles for outdoor patio protection?

Hello @bizza, 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about sealing your patio.

In order for us to make a proper recommendation can you please tell us a bit about the tile that's been used? Is it a flat matt finish that feels rough or is it a glossy finish? Did you purchase it from a Bunnings store? If you did, can you please tell us the exact name of the tile? 

I suggest doing a water porosity test, put a few drops of water on the tile and see if it absorbs the water. If it pools together then this tile has a manufactured seal on it. However, if it does get absorbed, it means that it's not sealed and will need to be covered with a sealer.

Any other information you can share about the tile would be very much appreciated.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects