Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to resurface an old concrete pebbled path?

izzysedg
Finding My Feet

How to resurface an old concrete pebbled path?

izzysedg_0-1715043960166.jpegHello, just looking to re-surface old path with stones coming through due to wear and tear. Maybe 40 years old. Just want to fresh up old path to look all one colour, and level. Any suggestions, thanks.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Resurfacing Old Concrete Pebbled Path

Hi @izzysedg,

Thank you for your question on resurfacing exposed aggregate concrete.

Unfortunately, there is no simple way to resurface exposed aggregate concrete with a pour over product and if there are major issues with cracking or changes in level, the only way to truly fix the issue is to demolish the path and lay a new one. 

You could rejuvenate the surface by cleaning it thoroughly with a pressure cleaner and concrete cleaner such as Chemtech Concrete And Driveway Cleaner then sealing it with Dulux Avista 10L Exposed Aggregate Concrete Sealer. This would give the path a refreshed and clean look, and offer some added protection moving forward, however it would not level the path.

If the path is beyond the point where cleaning and sealing can bring it back to a respectable level, I suggest contacting a concreter to repour the pathway for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions that we can assist with.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects