Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace the winder mechanism on a Coolaroo umbrella?

nate1
Just Starting Out

How to replace the winder mechanism on a Coolaroo umbrella?

Hi.

Has any one replaced the wind mechanism on a coolaroo umbrella especially the spring that goes in the cord housing. Any help would be appreciated 

16979403169552941108350768846860.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: coolaroo umbrella

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @nate1. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing an umbrella.

Typically, the internal parts of these styles of umbrellas are not serviceable. If you could provide details on the model number of the umbrella, I can contact Coolaroo to find out if there are replacement parts for the winding mechanism.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

It is a coolaroo brighton. Purchased about 8 months ago from bunnings Caloundra

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @nate1,

We can swap the entire umbrella over for you if you'd like. Our Qld stores are awaiting the stock that has reached the Coolaroo warehouse. It should be sent out within the next week or two. I've spoken to the Coordinator at Bunnings Caloundra, and they are happy to swap the unit over. If you take it in-store with your receipt, they can exchange it. If attending the store with the full umbrella isn't an option, we can explore whether a spare part is available directly from Coolaroo, though it's typically best to swap the whole unit over for a new product to ensure no other issue arise.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects