Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair cracks on pool deck?

Andrew2023
Finding My Feet

How to repair cracks on pool deck?

IMG_5282.jpeg

IMG_5281.jpeg

IMG_5278.jpeg

  

The pool deck gets a few cracks, not sure if there is a similar colour sealant can apply. Thanks. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair cracks on pool deck?

HI @Andrew2023,

You could interchange between Sika 310ml White Sikaflex Pro+ Polyurethane Sealant and Sika 310ml Sandstone Sikaflex Pro+ Polyurethane Sealant to mimic the pattern. Fill the "paver" section with the sandstone colour and switch to white for the "grout" lines. Sikaflex 11FC is a flexible polyurethane sealant that should cope well with any additional movement of the concrete slab.

Begin by removing those weeds and any debris that has been lodged into the cracks. Once they are cleared, apply your sealant to the crack with a caulking gun and clean off any excess before it cures. Remember your PPE, including gloves and safety glasses. Whilst working around the glass panel, ensure you don't tap the glass with the caulking gun, as glass panels tend to shatter if they come in contact with something hard.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you, Mitchell. If wanna make perfect, looks like i have to repaint the surface again, any recommedcation? 

This appears to be stencilled concrete @Andrew2023, and most paints are designed to go over a bare concrete surface. If you were to paint the area, were you thinking of painting it all in one colour and not having the stencilled effect? I'd suggest giving the two different coloured sealants a go, as the results could be acceptable.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Mitchell. I will have a try. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects