Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair big cracks in pebblecrete driveway?

Andrew2023
Finding My Feet

How to repair big cracks in pebblecrete driveway?

IMG_5284.jpeg

IMG_5283.jpeg

Hi my mini project is to fix up big cracks on my driveway which I think it causes by subsidenceThe pic shown as above. 

any suggestions? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair big cracks in pebblecrete driveway?

Hello @Andrew2023 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to repair the cracks on your pebblecrete driveway. 

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to repair a crack in pebblecrete driveway? by @dannymel. To prevent rainwater from travelling further into the cracks, I suggest using either Selleys 415g Brick And Concrete Sealant or Gripset Betta 1L Concrete Crack Filler.

The general steps to fill in the cracks is to clean them with a stiff bristle brush making sure to remove all the dirt and debris stuck in the crack. Once the cracks are free and clear of debris you can then apply the sealer on the crack.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when working on your repairs.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Eric, it's really helpful. Should I put the some foam strips in the big cracks, then fill it with sealant? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Andrew2023 

That is a very good idea, but looking at your pictures it doesn't look like the cracks are big enough to take the foam strips. Some of the cracks may take the foam strip while the others will be too small. If you are keen to put them in just make sure that they are deep enough to allow the filler to sit on top of it. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects