Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a damaged concrete footpath?

JoJo09
Getting Established

How to repair a damaged concrete footpath?

Hi Everyone

I'm hoping for some advice on repairing damaged section on our concrete footpath. I've attached some photos to show the damage. 

I have no experience as I've never tackled concrete repairs before. Would this be something I could handle myself, or should I consider hiring a professional? If DIY is possible, what materials and tools would I need?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

IMG20230323140153.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair a damaged concrete footpath?

Hello @JoJo09 

I believe this is a repair job that you can easily tackle. However, looking at the pattern of the damage, I suspect the damage to the concrete appears to be water related. Is this spot under a gutter or storm water pipe? Does it drip or leak during heavy rain? If it does, I suggest fixing the leak by plugging it up with Selleys 290ml Clear Storm Waterproof Gutter And Roof Sealant.

To fix the concrete damage, I suggest patching it with some Dingo 10kg Mortar Mix. The general steps are to clean the damage with brush and detergent to remove all the loose debris. Wash the area with water and make sure that it is totally dry before you begin patching the damage. 

Use a trowel and mix the mortar with water in a bucket until you get a semi thick consistency. Patch the damage with the mortar and flatten it out with the trowel. Your goal is to have at the same level as the floor and not over fill it. Make sure to tell the rest of the family members to not step on the repair.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects