Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove bicycle wheel nut?

Jazzmin1
Finding My Feet

How to remove bicycle wheel nut?

bike.jpg

This nut will not come off i have clean it and i have tried different socket and a shifter on both sides that fit but it wont come off. But all the others nuts for the front tire and the left back tire side come off but this one will not come off no matter how hard I try and i dont know what to do any help on how i can get it loosen or even get it off cause i cant change the tire or clean it until it off

Would WD-40 work or what can i get at bunnings that would help me and not expensive that i can get this nut off without ruing the bike and the thread or the nut ?
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: This nut wont come off

Hi @Jazzmin1,

It sounds like you need to apply more force. Typically, in situations like this, I'd pop the correct-sized spanner on there and give the end furthest away from the nut a few swift taps with a hammer. These taps can help get the nut started. You can also try attaching the spanner at the nine o'clock position and then pushing down with your body weight on it or stepping on the end of the spanner.

Please let me know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for that i did what you said and it work it was hard but in the end it came lose  x431748961_1528371081067177_7859457234441824680_n.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, thanks for letting us know @Jazzmin1.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house and garden.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects