Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to re-finish or clad a balcony wall?

hannaht
Just Starting Out

How to re-finish or clad a balcony wall?

Hi, I have an old peeling wall at waist height, which I would like to re-finish or cover. My entire patio is tiled in white terrazzo and I’ll be painting this wall white. The top of the wall has a very uneven finish so I’d like to DIY cover/clad it in a thin waterproof white material rather than painting. Any ideas or products that would be suitable to DIY this? (Not tiling please!)

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to re-finish or clad a balcony wall

Hi @hannaht 

After you scrap your old  paint back to the wall you can  use a white  cementuous paint brushed on with a renders straw brush  after covering your tiles first.

Ivory  white cement, + Bondcrete  admix + water +  sand if you want it too look textured.  

Will give you a slight off white colour that will last the life of your wall and it is 100% water proof

Looks like white washed walls.

Hope this  helps/

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to re-finish or clad a balcony wall?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hannaht. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about wall panelling.

How large is this area, and would you mind sharing some images with us so we have a better idea of what you're working with? Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Cement sheeting could be an option and would be relatively easy to install. Or, perhaps you might like to consider one of our decorative screenings for a bit of a feature.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to re-finish or clad a balcony wall?

Hi @hannaht,

Just checking if you need assistance uploading some images so the community can see what you are working with and provide more helpful advice?

We are here to help. Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects