Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint a deck?

cindersc2
Just Starting Out

How to paint a deck?

Can I use a roller for painting a small deck? How long does a coat of paint take to dry? I already bought the decking paint

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to paint a deck?

Hi @cindersc2,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading more about all your projects and plans. We're confident you'll get loads of help and inspiration from our clever and creative members.

Can you please tell us what product you are using on the deck? That will help us recommend the best application tool to use. Typically people use decking oil on a timber deck, and as per this discussion about applicators, I would recommend the Intergrain 175mm Deck Brush. However, paint is a very different product to apply. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: painting deck

Hello @cindersc2 

In order to give our members a better idea of what you'll be painting, would it be possible for you to post a photo of your deck? Can you also please post a picture of the paint that you purchased? We can then make recommendations on what brush to use with your paint.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects