Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install seat bracket to concrete sleeper retaining wall?

hannahrose24
Just Starting Out

How to install seat bracket to concrete sleeper retaining wall?

Hi, recently installed a retaining wall using the ridgi concrete sleepers. Looking to install a seat to the top to cap it off nicely and found this https://www.bunnings.com.au/50mm-galvanised-steel-seat-bracket_p1100986

Looking for advice on how this would work and how to install? 

Thanks 

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: how to attach seat to ridgi concrete sleeper retaining wall

Hi @hannahrose24 

Nice  find on the steel seat  bracket. 

That  bracket is  designed to slip onto 50mm  wide sleepers which you have and simply screw into the seat timber underside pre drilling  smaller holes for the wood screws. As for attaching bracket to the brick work I am not sure the diameter of the hole sizes from description  notes.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to attach seat to ridgi concrete sleeper retaining wall

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hannahrose24. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a seat bracket.

The bracket simply slips onto the top of the sleeper, and I'd recommend drilling the mounting holes through the concrete sleeper with a multi-material drill bit in non-hammer-function mode. The reason for this is I am a little concerned about drilling a hole in a concrete sleeper that is close to its edge. These brackets are designed for timber sleepers and not concrete, so you might have mixed results drilling into the concrete.

Once the brackets are in place, you can fix them in position with bolts, before screwing your seat onto them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects