Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hide Colorbond fence?

AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation

How to hide Colorbond fence?

Hi

When I stand on my deck in the backyard, half of my body is against the 2 metre high colourbond fence. So there is not much privacy for us and the neighbours. 

What I'm looking for to add some fence in front of the colourbond fence on top of the deck thats aeathetically pleasing. 

I know there is an option to put lattice screen on top of the fence. But I want to hide my colourbond fence completely. I installed the following from Bunnings last year now its falling apart slowly. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/eden-1-8-x-3m-charcoal-pvc-garden-screening-with-capping_p0155089?store=...

I came across the following, is this something that Bunnings provides

https://youtube.com/shorts/VvRlZ_V_C6w?si=9jWT3oYhEUygB7bQ

I am open to other ideas and suggestions. 

Thanks!

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: how to build a good looking fence on the deck

Hi @AJ-DIYer 

Bunning equivilant might suit you.  Watch  the  videos too.

$17.99

$137

Another cheaper  way is to use color bond  fencing rails and  trimmed  posts with the jacks Base  plate  and make a enclosed   frame to install timber, screen panels , polycarbonate  panels either vertically or horizontally.  

Hope this is of  some use.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to build a good looking fence on the deck

Hi @AJ-DIYer,

The project you've linked to is entirely scratch-built from timber. As @Jewelleryrescue mentioned, the closest product that would give you a similar look would be Screen Up, and it's exceptionally easy to assemble. It provides two vertical posts for either end of your space that screening can be slipped into. The kit comes with spacers to achieve that gapped look.

Alternatively, you could look at fixing Merbau panels along your deck.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects