Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix facia boards detached from the seatings?

celt
Just Starting Out

How to fix facia boards detached from the seatings?

IMG_1013.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: A couple of facia boards have detached from the seatings. see photos. Thanks for any advice. ...

Hello @celt 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your facia boards under your eave.

It's possible that the heat and moisture inside your ceiling has softened the hold of the nail to the fascia and it has let go and slipped out. Looking at the photo you posted, I don't see any large water marks which is a giveaway that there is a leak in your roof and water has damaged the fascia. 

I suggest placing your finger inside the gap and check if the surface is soft and spongy. If it is there is a water leak inside the roof. I suggest addressing the leak first and then replacing and repairing the fascia.

However, if the panel is hard and dry, I suggest pushing the fascia back up and adding more more nails to the fascia panel.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects