Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix cracked fibre cement sheet?

kathycm
Just Starting Out

How to fix cracked fibre cement sheet?

Hi,

The cement sheet on the external wall was cracked.  Appreciate if anyone can shed some light on how this can be fixed. Thanks.

IMG_20240307_161903.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix cracked fibre cement sheet?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kathycm. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing cement sheeting.

How solid is that broken piece? If you push on it, does it flex in further? I've it's solid, you could potentially fill over the area with Nordsjo Professional 1L Exterior Super Filler. Then, whilst wearing appropriate PPE, such as a face mask and safety glasses, you can sand it back, recreating the rebated contour line at the top.

If that piece flexes when pushed, you'd likely have to remove it and then install some timber backing to apply your filler upon. The timber backing can be adhered to the rear of the cement sheeting with Liquid Nails. This provides a solid surface to begin working over.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc.The broken piece flex. Can I use the filler to flue the edge and then apply primer, sand and paint?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You could potentially try using the Liquid Nails to glue the edge, @kathycm, but the filler isn't really suitable for that. The issue will be trying to pull the section out so it's flush with the surrounding surface. I think some filling would need to be done to achieve a seamless repair.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects