Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to covert paint colour match code to RGB?

LSS2024
Just Starting Out

How to covert paint colour match code to RGB?

Hi there!

We have colour matched a panel in Bunnings. We want to do some computer images and need the RGB colour. Can someone explain how to convert the quantities specified in the label to RGB colour?

Thank you!

Image (2).jfif

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to covert paint colour match code to RGB?

Hello @LSS2024 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about converting Dulux tint code to RGB.

I believe there is a method to get an RGB colour code using the Dulux tint code. Please allow me to make some inquiries with Dulux. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LSS2024
Just Starting Out

Thanks Eric! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @LSS2024 

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry, but the Dulux technical department has informed me that it's not possible to transfer the tint code to an RGB code.

However, they did say that one method for you to get a code is to bring your paint colour to the store and try to match it with the existing colour card samples on show. When you find a colour that is very close to your paint sample get that card and go to the Dulux website and proceed to their Colour Atlas. 

Using the colour cards code, you can track down its formula and RGB code. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects