Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to convert beds in a caravan?

sandyraraa
Just Starting Out

How to convert beds in a caravan?

How to convert 2 single beds to a double in a caravan

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: caravan bed rennovation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sandyraraa. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about converting beds in a caravan.

It would be super helpful if you could provide more context and some images so our members can better understand what you'd like to achieve. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Once we have some context, I trust our helpful members will have plenty of ideas to share with you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to convert beds in a caravan?

Hi @sandyraraa,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. 

Do you need any assistance uploading some images so our members can see what you are working with? I'm sure helpful members like @twocutekelpies and our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts will be more than happy to assist if they have more information.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
twocutekelpies
Making a Splash

Re: How to convert beds in a caravan?

Hi Sandyraraa

Are you looking at a temporary or permanent conversion? In my first reno, I built 2 single beds with a slide out section to convert them to a double as required. There are some great instructions on this website to make the slide out section http://deepredmotorhome.com/bed.php

2 single beds2 single beds   both sides hinged to access storage underneathboth sides hinged to access storage underneath   one side slides across to the other with furniture connectors to hold instead of free standing like in instructionsone side slides across to the other with furniture connectors to hold instead of free standing like in instructions   2 sections to make it easier to slide2 sections to make it easier to slide   backing cushions drop to create full east west double bed. Top of cupboard hinged to continue access.backing cushions drop to create full east west double bed. Top of cupboard hinged to continue access. 

Instagram @twocutekelpies

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects