Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change window outer rubber seal?

gagan4370
Just Starting Out

How to change window outer rubber seal?

IMG_3255.jpeg

Hi team,Hope everyone is doing well. I have come across one question, just wanting to know about how to change the outer window rubber seal  along the window frame in the above picture . What is the best way to rectify this? Thank you all in advance.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: window outer rubber seal

Hello @gagan4370 

Thanks for sharing your question about your windows rubber seal. I believe that the rubber seal you are looking at goes all the way to the back of the aluminium window and serves as weather flashing/seal between the brick and the window frame. I don't think it's possible to remove it without taking the aluminium window frame out of the brick wall. 

However, I suggest covering and sealing the gap with a Poly 450g Black Coloured Caulk Gap Filler. It can be used inside or outside the home as it bonds to a wide range of materials. Being acrylic, it is durable and cures to provide a flexible weather resistant seal that can cope with movement. Its dark colour will allow it to blend in with the window frame. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects