Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build boxing for a gravestone tidy-up?

arts64
Finding My Feet

How to build boxing for a gravestone tidy-up?

I want to make a boxing for a relatives grave.

I have  2 x 200 x 95mm x 1.8mm  redwood sleepers

I need  2 x 200 x 95mm x  900mm  redwood sleepers

If a buy another 1 x 200 x 95mm x 1.8,

1.  Will Bunnings cut this in half for me?

2.  Drill the holes needed to  screw / bolt together?

3.  Advise on the screws, nails or bolts needed for my project? 

Or let me know where I could have these things done for next to nothing.

I'm on the North Shore

Thanks in advance

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Boxing for a grave stone tidy up

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @arts64. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a boxing.

For sleepers that are purchased at Bunnings, we have a timber-cutting service. Unfortunately, the team at the store won't be able to drill the holes you need or bolt your project together. They can certainly assist with the fixings section, but it sounds like you need something along the lines of Buildex 18 - 7 x 200mm Landscaping Construction Screws.

It would be a relatively simple project for you to complete yourself if you have a basic drill driver, and our helpful community members would be more than willing to provide advice and guidance. If you cannot complete this project yourself, you might like to reach out to your local Men's Shed to see if someone there could assist at a minimal cost or hopefully for free out of the goodness of their heart.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Yes , I got my sleepers from bunnings. I have the tools to put it together but not the cutting tool or drill, will sort that one out.

I will grab screw bits today. I guess I just needed to know the size screws in the end. hehehe

Thanks again

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No worries, @arts64. Please keep us updated and shout out if you need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects