Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I adjust closing tension on Everton glass pool fence gate

brianbron
Just Starting Out

How do I adjust closing tension on Everton glass pool fence gate

I purchased an Everton frameless glass pool fence from Bunnings about 7 years ago. I now want to adjust the spring on the self closing gate, but can find no instructions on the Everton website. Everton no longer seem to sell pool fencing.

Bunnings is now selling similar hinges under the Architect's Choice brand. However when I contacted AC, they referred me to Gale Pacific, but they don't seem to handle pool fencing. Does anyone know where I could get instructions for the original Everton gate/hinges?

IMG_2118.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I adjust closing tension on Everton glass pool fence gate

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @brianbron. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about hinge adjustment.

I can continue to try and source the Everton instructions for you, but you'd be correct that the Architect's Choice hinge appears almost identical. Here are the instructions for the AC hinge. It seems that a pin is what governs the tension, and you need to remove it and move it to another hole. I've got my fingers crossed that you can remove that pin with needle-nosed pliers, and your next question will not be how do I get the pin out. I presume the pin should be slightly proud and easily accessible.

Please remember your PPE when working with glass panels, including safety glasses, gloves, a long-sleeved shirt and pants and enclosed footwear. Glass panels tend to shatter if tapped with hard objects, and it's always best to be prepared.

Let me know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects