Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can i stop rain seeping in under my door?

hacol
Just Starting Out

How can i stop rain seeping in under my door?

IMG_2034.jpeg

image.jpg

When it rains heavily or the rain hits directly onto our front door, water seeps in through the corners and edge of the door onto our floor inside. There is a seal against the door but water still trickles in. It’s damaged our vinyl flooring! 
thanks in advance 

Hannah 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can i stop rain seeping in under my door?

Hello @hacol 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your door.

If the doors of the interior frames lip are still in good condition, I suggest using Moroday Grey Self Adhesive Weather Seal. To prevent further incursions of water under your door, I suggest using Raven 920mm Clear Anodised RP3 Door Bottom Seal.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How can i stop rain seeping in under my door?

Hi @hacol  

In  addition  to @EricL  hardware solutions  that should fully do the  job.

Please  consder  re painting the door as you  can see the paint bubbling lower down.  To real  problem is painters never  paint underneath the  door edge or often on top too thats a  water ingress point to your timber and will cause your door to rot prematurly .  

Also maybe you can some how  screen the front door  from your most prevailing worst weather.  Or a  over head extention to your eve near the door if the rain  problem persists.  A simple pull down  blind will work to help shield your door way in the worst conditions.

If the water is flowing towards your door on the ground maybe it  can be diverted away.

So if any extra  conditions  exist for your door way we can help.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects