Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I properly seal the crack in our driveway?

ivanptr
Making a Splash

How can I properly seal the crack in our driveway?

20240422_171256.jpg

We recently hired tradespeople to install a carport, and one of the posts was screwed onto the current  driveway, causing a slight widening of the existing crack.

(This driveway has had cracks for a long time, and we cannot afford to replace it.)

Is there a way we can seal it to make it less visible? Should we use mortar? What tools and process should I follow?

Many thanks for any insight 🙏

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I properly seal the crack in our driveway?

Hi @ivanptr,

Thank you for your question on concrete crack repairs.

Please note that any repairs would be cosmetic only as the only way to truly fix cracking in concrete is to replace it all together.

To carry out a cosmetic repair on this crack, I would suggest Dunlop 254ml 2 Part Ardit Liquid Crack Filler. It is a 2-part, self-mixing formula that will set harder than concrete in 1 hour that also flows similar to water while in its liquid state, allowing it to fill the crack with very little effort.

To prepare the crack, you should clean it thoroughly using a wire brush to ensure the best adhesion to the surrounding concrete. This would include removing any loose material or sealers that were used previously.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects