Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hints and suggestions to create balcony railing

Vera
Cultivating a Following

Hints and suggestions to create balcony railing

Railing.jpg

Hi All, I would be happy to hear some suggestions how to build a new railing on a balcony that is at the level of about 400 mm of the ground. The floor has tiles and there are 4 supporting poles. The trick is that I want to design the simplest and most efficient way so the person who installs it to spent the least time for the installation. I have already gathered 1. vertical wooden planks and horizontal bars that support the planks 90 cm to about 7 cm in width and the two horizontal bars about 1.5 m x 25cm upper and lower. I think that this is one way, however, to place the planks between the bars, takes a lot of work and it is time-consuming. The 2. way is to use double horizontal wood bars 1.5 m x 15 cm place 4 one above another with about 7 cm space between them, Connectors may be vertical metal connectors and large screws/hexadecimal bolts. I will be covering them with paint later. Please, can you have some suggestions regarding this project?

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Hints and Suggestions to Create Balcony/Patio Railing

Hi Vera
A picture is worth a 1000 words. @Jason can help walk you through that if you need some help with how to upload photos.
Vera
Cultivating a Following

Yes, I was thinking of that as well. I will try to find out what I ca do to upload a photo.
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

My slack way of doing it is to use my phone then upload to facebook and link from there.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Vera,

As Brad has suggested, it would be great if you could share a photo or two. Just click on the Insert/edit image button above. I'll pop a screenshot below so you can see what I mean.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. I trust you will find plenty of useful information, advice and inspiration for your projects from our community members, including this railing job. 

Feel free to let me know anytime you need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

Insert Image.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Vera
Cultivating a Following

Thank you for your snapshot. I will try to upload and show you what I want to do. I did painted over an older photo. Please comment.
Vera
Cultivating a Following

No Railing Front of the House before  with a tree.jpg

Vera
Cultivating a Following

What I want Drawn Railing Front of the House  Railing June 2017.jpg

Vera
Cultivating a Following

WoodenPieces Railing.jpg

Vera
Cultivating a Following

Horisontal Wood Railing.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects