Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden makeover

shayden06
Budding Browser

Garden makeover

A small project I completed for my sister. Everything was brought from Bunnings.IMG20180519103859.jpg

IMG20180519103913.jpg

IMG20180520152905.jpg

IMG20180521163347.jpg

IMG20180523140903.jpg

IMG20180525150936.jpg

IMG20180525150941.jpg

IMG20180525150948.jpg

IMG20180525151014.jpg

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Re: Garden makeover

Fantastic work @shayden06. Many thanks for sharing this project with us.

Narrow areas down the side of a house can be tricky to work with, can't they? You have come up with a great result. Well done. 

We also did our sideway recently, going from ugly cracked concrete to a path with bluestone rounds, railway sleepers,  and garden bed. We're happy with the result - I'll pop some photos below, although the garden is more established now. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We hope you get lots of inspiration and advice for your projects from our community members. Please post whenever you need a hand or have a project to share. 

Jason

Sideway.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery

Hi, it really is not wise to let ficus ? ivy to adhere to brickwork, it can separate the mortar & make the brick wall unsafe, believe me when I bought my house I had a wall with it on & it had gone rampant, took forever to get off, it's nice while it is little leaves but they soon get very big. Take it off a put in hanging baskets that way it will stay small leafed

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Vintage-Paradox.

It's Boston Ivy we're growing on our neighbour's brick wall. We're using it to cover the wall as it's a little unsightly in patches. Boston Ivy does mark walls with its sucker-like discs but it doesn't typically do the kind of damage that an English Ivy might do. It's actually part of the grape family and looks beautiful at this time of year. But you're right in that like any climber it does grow vigorously and it's important to keep it under control. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. I hope you get lots of great advice and inspiration for your projects from our members. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share.

Thanks again,

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects