Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Colour suggestions for painting weatherboard house?

salbro
Finding My Feet

Colour suggestions for painting weatherboard house?

71698365-733F-48CE-A594-28F4F8C5A1C7.jpeg

724C18C0-4458-448D-A185-28FDBDAA8E20.jpeg

B451EDE4-BA5A-4A2E-A489-2C67B8CA0787.jpeg

35E0B90D-009A-4D19-87C4-784EC501AC59.jpeg

Hello,

We are getting ready to paint the exterior of our house. We have picked 3 colours we like but I’m looking for some advice on where should be painted what colour!

The main walls will be terrace white and trim vivid white but things like gutters and pipes, rafters, support beams. Are the painted the trim colour? Or the wall colour? Our main external gate is monument so would like to incorporate that somewhere on the house but where?

Any advice is welcome! Thank you 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Colour suggestions for painting weatherboard house?

Hello @salbro 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about painting your weatherboard house.

Using the Vivid White as the trim will make an excellent contrast to the Terrace White. However, when the sun is at its brightest it will lessen the contrast between the two colours. But the contrast will stand out in the late afternoon. If you wish to have a nice uniform finish on the walls, I recommend painting the downpipes, rafters and support beams in Terrace White and the gutters in Vivid White.

The contrast will only occur on your trims and roof gutter, however, if you wish to mix and match, you can paint the rafters in Vivid White and support posts in Terrace White.

Unfortunately, using the colour Monument is too much of a contrast to the rest of the house. I'm only worried that any part coloured in Monument will stand out from the colours you've chosen.

Let me call on our experienced members @pretty living, @lifestylebymari and @redbournreno for their recommendations.

Here are some fantastic painted homes out workshop members have shared:

• Weatherboard home renewed with paint  by @Dinny 
  • Coastal cottage renovation by      @2Belindas 
  • External paint transformation by @2Belindas 

If you need further assistance, please let us us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects