Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Clothes trolley upcycled

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Clothes trolley upcycled

Not a particularly worthy community project - but we have a clothes trolley frame (late 1950s?) that I want to keep alive for nostalgic and sentimental reasons.

I created a peg basket holder from thin sheet steel and welded to the frame

To counter the change in the centre of gravity - I welded thick plate steel bottom right axle.

Most recently - we gave up on the oval variety of basket (hard to find?) and went with a Bunnings rectangular type, which looks/feels much tougher and durable in quality.

I didn't want to cut and alter the original oval steel pipework - so welded up old bed frame angle iron to fit. This was spot welded to the oval frame. Painted.

Very stable.

And a better height now.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Clothes trolley upcycled

What an awesome project @Noyade! Brings back memories of my grandmother's trolley; kinda wish I'd kept it now.

Love your colour choice and the method you've employed of keeping it functional with the available basket options. Any idea what colour that is?

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

"Any idea what colour that is?"

Hi Mitchell. It was a spray can (White Knight?) from Bunnings. Eucalyptus - I think. 🤔

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

You have given this trolley a lovely makeover @Noyade

Maybe it is because I am from America, but I've never seen a clothes trolley before and think this is perfect for the outdoor clothes horse. You have made very clever adjustments to suit your sturdy new basket and I am loving the eucalyptus colour, well done. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects