Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Backyard Discovery 3.7 x 3.1 x 3.1m Brindlewood Gazebo I/N: 0295663

Dan1966
Getting Established

Backyard Discovery 3.7 x 3.1 x 3.1m Brindlewood Gazebo I/N: 0295663

https://www.bunnings.com.au/backyard-discovery-3-7-x-3-1-x-3-1m-brindlewood-gazebo_p0295663

We're considering this Gazebo for our outdoor area to use for what will eventually be over a spa.

It ticks the boxes for looks and strength quoting a 160km/h wind rating but has anyone built one of these and what documentation is available from the manufacturer for council approval as I believe council would require engineering drawings for approval?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Backyard Discovery 3.7 x 3.1 x 3.1m Brindlewood Gazebo I/N: 0295663

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Dan1966. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Brindlewood Gazebo.

I've requested a copy of these plans and will email them to you as soon as I obtain them.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

We appreciate your patience, @Dan1966.

Our supplier is currently sourcing this documentation, and I look forward to providing it to you shortly.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I do apologise for this extended delay, @Dan1966, as we're still in the process of sourcing this documentation.

Mitchell

Good Afternoon Mitchell,

Still waiting on those engineering plans for the Bridlewood which I selected due to it's high strength rating or perhaps you can direct me towards other fixed gazebos where you do have engineering / council approved plans for? 

@EricL was able to provide other users with plans for some Mimosa gazebos a month or so ago- Eric could you please share?

Dan  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dan1966

Let me make some inquiries as to the status of the plans for the Brindlewood Gazebo. as a possible alternative, have you had a look at the Mimosa 3.62 x 3.3m Mullaloo Timber Look Gazebo? It features a durable, rust-resistant aluminium frame that has been beautifully hand painted to give it a timber look appearance. Since it is made of aluminium it will not need a great deal of maintenance when compared to timber-made structures. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Eric

Dan1966
Getting Established

Thanks Eric,

What would be the fire rating details of the Mimosa 3.62 x 3.3m Mullaloo Timber Look Gazebo?

My Certifier has asked for that detail as well.

Dan 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dan1966

I'll add that question to my queries tomorrow. Being an aluminium structure it should in theory have a good fire rating, but I will let you know as soon as I have that information.

Eric

Dan1966
Getting Established

You also have other Mimosa models with engineering data  - can you please share these ? 

Dan1966
Getting Established

@EricL - You also have other Mimosa models with engineering data based on another post  - can you please share these with me ? 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects