Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Alternative options for heavy dog water bowl?

Narla
Building a Reputation

Alternative options for heavy dog water bowl?

Morning all:) I’m looking at different Bunnings products I could use as an outdoor water bowl for my cheeky puppy:) She has a massive plastic dog bowl for water but likes to ‘dig’ all the water out then run around the backyard ( very proudly!). Was thinking of maybe a concrete type product like something usually used for fountains etc? Would love any idea. TIA

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Alternative options for heavy dog water bowl?

Hi @Narla,

I wonder whether simply elevating the bowl might be sufficient so she can't "play" in it. As an example, @Wayne shared this fantastic and popular project many years ago: Twin dog bowl food and water station.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Narla 

Thanks for sharing your question about alternatives for your dog's water bowl. I suggest having a look at the Ceramic Pet Bowl Range. They come in various designs and can be used for either food or water. The best part of course is that because it is a glazed ceramic bowl, your pet should have a hard time getting a purchase on its surface. I suggest visiting your local store and having a look at the size and styles that will suite your pet.

Another possible option is to glue your pets bowl to a square paver so that they can't lift it off the ground. But this would probably be the last option if you can't find any other alternative.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know,

Eric

Narla
Building a Reputation

Thanks very much, Jason. This is a great option:)

Narla
Building a Reputation

Thanks Eric:) I’ve seen her somehow manage to pick up our ceramic bowls lol  but the paver idea could be good!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Narla 

Please let us know what you decide on, can I also request for a picture of the pup in question so we can see how big they are?

Thanks

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects