Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Additional battery for xu1 trimmer?

Paul60
Just Starting Out

Additional battery for xu1 trimmer?

Hi just bought a new xu1 2 in 1 pole pruner hedger. Wondering about purchase of additional battery as ones sold in tool shop don't fit. Is it a special order and can I get something over 1.5 amps.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: xu1 trimmer Battery

Hello @Paul60

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about the XU1.

Was it this model that you purchased? The XU1 18V Cordless 2-In-1 Pole Pruner And Hedge Trimmer Kit I/N: 0404140? If it was, please let me do a bit of an investigation as it is a brand-new unit and the new batteries should fit onto it. I'll be passing by one of the stores tomorrow and I'll let you know how I go.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Paul60
Just Starting Out

Hi Eric. Yes brand new model. Battery has 3 slots in it. Just don't want to sit round waiting for battery to charge when pruning trees.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Paul60

I've double-checked the battery fittings and I'm afraid the only battery that will fit your pruner is that exact same battery model. I've sent off an inquiry regarding this and am just waiting for a reply from our supplier. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects