Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which paint type is suitable for VJ panels?

daniel4
Having an Impact

Which paint type is suitable for VJ panels?

Hi All,

I am embarking on room makeover by repainting and adding VJ panel.

I have reviewed these Feature VJ panel projects  by other team member which are really a good inspiration.

Question :

What is the suitable paint type for painting this VJ Panel ? I am considering to use this Easycraft VJ panel 900x1200 mm.

Should be regular water-based paint for wall sufficient? or do I need to pick enamel paint ?

Thank you all.

Regards, 

Daniel 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Which paint type is suitable for VJ panel ?

Hi @daniel4 

There have been long discussions regarding the different merits of oil-based and water-based paints. It would be too long to list them all here in this post. Suffice to say these days the features of water-based paints are at par with oil-based paints. In fact, some water-based paints actually outperform oil-based paints. 

I would say that one of water-based paints main attraction for me is ease of use and clean up. There is no need to use turpentine to dilute the paint and wash the brushes. Whereas with water-based paints simply add water to dilute it and you can clean the brush in plain water. My favourite of course is that any accidental spills on the concrete driveway can be hosed down with water.

Just remember that a properly prepared surface will produce an excellent finish.  

Here are some handy links:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects