Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What's the part that holds onto a sliding door roller?

abdimalik303
Just Starting Out

What's the part that holds onto a sliding door roller?

Sliding door of my room fell while closing. Its a top hanging wooden door. The plastic locks are broken. I went to bunnings northmead and they could not find that specific part. Anyone can help me out?

5209C3DD-D2BB-4ACC-9BDA-47B876C04AFE.jpeg

IMG_3331.jpeg

IMG_3329.jpeg

IMG_3328.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What's the part that holds onto a sliding door roller?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @abdimalik303. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sliding door hardware.

When you say the plastic locks are broken, did the plastic part break? From your images, it doesn't appear so (though after closer examination they might be), and at face value, it just looks like the door has come off the track system. To fix the door back onto the carriages, you need to back off the nuts on the carriages and raise them. Once raised, you can slide the T-bolt head back into the door mounting plate. You'll do this for the front and back carriage. Once the T-bolt heads are located, you tighten the nuts and lower them, locking them into place.

If there are physically broken parts, please take a picture of them, and I'll try to locate replacements.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi mitchell, thank you for replying. Im attaching the picture from inside for better understanding.

image.jpg

Hi @abdimalik303,

The part still doesn't appear to be broken, though it's a bit hard to know what it looked like originally. Has the white piece of plastic snapped, and a section of it is missing? Your image doesn't quite have a high enough definition to see that. Have you tried the method I've covered above to re-install the door?

The most similar replacement part could likely be the Rolltrak Steel Timber Door Trolley Assembly, but it's hard to tell whether the included door mount bracket will suit the t-bolt heads on your current carriage.

Mitchell

It does fit in and when i try to tighten the screw it falls down. Does  not hold. Let me share the picture from the other door which is perfect.

2A3C86D4-14B9-40A4-8DF8-8F2108A53EDB.jpeg

CE1E9C5E-65D0-4BB4-81D6-ED6691F003E3.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @abdimalik303 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your sliding door roller.

You'll notice on your second picture there is a white plastic piece attached to the plate. This piece use to be the locking tag of the plate and prevents the post from sliding out. The closest similar set that I could find is the Cowdroy S33700 Hanger. This part will need to be specially ordered at the special orders desk.

If you would like to give it a try, I suggest proceeding to your local store and asking the special orders team for a quote on the part S33700. I've placed an image below to make it easy for the team to identify. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects