Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What can i do to revive these tiles?

Janar_Dhan
Getting Established

What can i do to revive these tiles?

Have these tiles in living room and kitchen.

they are in very very good condition except that grout and dull look.( I think they are dirty).

what can I do to revive some look into these tiles and clean that grout.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20240322_135457_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_135535_WhatsApp.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What can i do to revive these tiles?

Hello @Janar_Dhan 

Thanks for sharing your question about your tiles. One quick way to change the look of your tiled floor is to regrout your floor with a brighter colour. At the moment the dark colour of your grout makes the floor tiles look dark as well.

I suggest choosing a grout colour that is close to the colour of your tile. I don't suggest putting in white as this grout colour is too bright and will stand out too much. Your goal is to blend the tile and grout colour together. In this manner it will give your floor a nice, blended finish that will not stand out. Plus, it will make it look brighter.

Another option is to paint your floor tiles with Dulux 1L Deep Satin Renovation Range Floors. It is a revolutionary water-based interior coating that is perfect for flooring surfaces in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry. It is easy to apply and provides a beautiful, durable and scuff-resistant finish.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Janar_Dhan
Getting Established

Thank you Eric.

I will try re grouting.

as for the product, those reviews are not encouraging. will give it a pass.

Hi @Janar_Dhan,

Painting tiles is typically reserved for situations where a quick refresh is required and the tile's colour needs to be improved. Many of our members have successfully used the Dulux Renovation range to breathe new life into their floor tiles. However, in your case, your tiles are in good condition.

It's worth bearing in mind that you have charcoal-coloured grout, and it is not dirty. Understandably, you might not like this look. Unfortunately, you can't re-grout an area that already has grout, you'd need to remove the current grout before doing so. There is rejuvenation grout, which is designed to go over existing grout, but you must have at least 1mm of depth between the current grout and the face of the tile. Any less, and the new grout might fall out as it doesn't have anyting to grip onto.

Another option that you might like to explore is grout paint. I'd recommend doing a test section in an inconspicuous area to ensure you are able to cover the darker colour with the lighter paint. You can commit to the whole floor if you are happy with the look.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

@Janar_Dhan @MitchellMc @EricL - just finished cleaned all my grout with https://www.bunnings.com.au/long-life-2l-grout-cleaner_p4460496

just follow instructions and wipe with cloth as you go. Then finally do a clean mop.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @jaiprak 

Let me tag @Janar_Dhan to make them aware of your suggestion. Thank you very much for your suggestion. I take it you got very good results in using Long Life 2L Grout Cleaner. It's an excellent product and has very good reviews from the people that have used.

Eric

Thank you Jaiprak. some of pics in reviews looks exactly like my situation. wil definitely try this.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects