Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to screw this hook into a solid timber door?

Amateur_Hour
Just Starting Out

How to screw this hook into a solid timber door?

I bought this hook to install on the back of my son’s bedroom door, but I have no idea how to screw it into the door. Any ideas please? The screw is fixed into the hook so there’s no way to use a screwdriver. Help appreciated, thanks.

IMG_7242.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to screw this hook into a solid timber door?

Hello @Amateur_Hour,

Thank you for your question. Great to see you make your first post. Trust you've been finding the site useful for all your home improvement and garden projects.

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to provide some advice as soon as possible. In the meantime, let me tag our ever-helpful members @JoeAzza@Nham and @TimGeo to see if they have any thoughts.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Good morning @Amateur_Hour 

I can't tell from your photo if the top of the plastic handle has a central 'trap door' that can be removed, revealing a cavity and the screw head - or the screw is molded into the plastic.

"The screw is fixed into the hook"

I suspect the latter then. If so, you would use whole handle (providing the torque) to drive the screw in, after you pre-drill a small hole.

Let us know how you get on. 👍

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Amateur_Hour.

I'm with the ever-helpful @Noyade. The best approach would be to pre-drill a small hole, then you should be able to screw the hook into the door using your hand. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects