Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate an old crib?

Lachelle
Just Starting Out

How to renovate an old crib?

The last couple of days, I have been sanding back an old crib with bite marks and scratches, I was originally going to paint it with a timeless grey dulux Aquanamel enamel paint and I was going to do my own designs, but now I am second guessing as the wood is quite beautiful underneath, just chasing some advice on a oil or lacquer that would best suit for this if there is?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Renovation of an old crib

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Lachelle. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about renovating a crib.

If you were looking for oil, I'd suggest Gilly's 250ml Chopping Board Oil, which is non-toxic and food-safe. You also have some wax that would give a lovely matte finish. Hard coating-wise, we have Cabot's 1L Satin Clear Benchtop Timber Finish. All these products would be suitable for your crib, and being food-safe means there is no risk if the next bub wants to chew on the timber.

We'd love to see a picture of your project, so let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects