Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install curtain brackets?

wongedwoman
Getting Established

How to install curtain brackets?

We are trying to install brackets on the wall to hold curtain rods for curtain.  There are no studs to be found where we want to install.

the brackets keep on falling off the wall.  How do we install brackets where there are no timber studs.  Please help.

Thanks

wongedwoman_0-1671398002413.jpeg

BP80532346.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install curtain brackets?

Hello @wongedwoman

Thank you for sharing your question about installing curtain brackets. I suggest using Ramset 8 x 50mm Universal Anchor - 20 Pack, it's suitable to anchor into stone, concrete, solid brick, hollow wall and hollow brick. It's rated to carry a load of 11kg. in hollow wall anchor situations. Please make sure to read the installation instructions at the back.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Waqar
Finding My Feet

100% agree with that. I used G6-8x40mm Wallmate anchors, it's a 20x pack for plasterboard. It handles upto 10kg weight. Separately got G8x40mm nails 30x pack. Worked like a charm. One thing though, it said no pre-drilling required on the anchors, but I had to drill a hole, around 6mm to get the anchor in, but that was no turn off. Solid connection.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Waqar,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! You'll find Workshop to be a great source of advice and inspiration for all things home improvement and garden. Thank you for jumping straight in and giving your personal testimony of using the anchors, I am glad they also worked well for you. Are you working on any projects at the moment? 

Katie

signal-2023-01-01-133903.jpegEric and Wagar

Thanks for the tip.  Curtain rod installed and sturdy.

Thanks for the info.

Pam

Thanks for the update Pam (@wongedwoman), they look fantastic.

Great work!

Mitchell

Those wall anchors are so handy to have on hand @MitchellMc 

A neighbour had exactly the same issue as Pam's. But
 for anyone looking for an alternative solution, which may be dependant of how the curtains hang off the rod and their distance off the floor, is to fix the brackets directly to the architrave. Marking and pre-drilling pilot holes will prevent the wood from splitting. I then repaired the old holes and broken out plaster.

IMG_5125.jpegIMG_5126.jpegIMG_5127.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects