Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a lock?

Lizahee3
Just Starting Out

How to fix a lock?

how to fix Whitco CYL4 Push Lock , the button is jammed and i cannot fix, even when i put the key in

my window is locked,  i cannot open it, i have a whitco cyl4 push lock on my window

, and the button is completely jammed pushed in,
Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: how to fix Whitco CYL4 Push Lock , the button is jammed and i cannot fix, even when i put the ke

Hi @Lizahee3 

First  use key and try wiggle window the holes might be slightly misaligned.  The screw hole on the window  might need  slighty enlagring

Try  wd 40 on the lock to get it to soak in.   If you do  not have wd40 try a  little fly spray some time  there formulation has a little oil in it leave for 1/2 hour and check lock again.

Happy New Year

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix Whitco CYL4 Push Lock , the button is jammed and i cannot fix, even when i put the...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Lizahee3. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a lock.

We need to assume that there's a possibility that the lock has failed and there's nothing you can do about it but call a locksmith for replacement. However, as @Jewelleryrescue mentioned, move the window back and forth as you try continuously twisting the key to unlock. A second set of hands might assist here. Also, try the same, but push the window up and down. It's quite likely that the lock pin is jammed in the hole, and wiggling the window might help. This typically happens when the window is locked, and someone moves it to the left or right, jamming the pin.

Please let us know how you go and if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects