Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add VJ panels to bedroom ceiling?

ZandyB
Just Starting Out

How to add VJ panels to bedroom ceiling?

I’ve never done anything like this before but I’d like to add vj pannels to our bedroom ceiling which currently is just plain plasterboard. Is it ok to apply to panels over the top of this? And would I use an adhesive like liquid nails and a nail gun to attach? Would a stud finder help me located the best place to nail the panels to? Or is there another tool that would work better?

Thanks so much!!  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to add VJ panels to bedroom ceiling?

Hi @ZandyB,

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to seeing how you can transform your bedroom. It sounds like an exciting project.

Easycraft has a specific guide to installation guide for ceilings. The Bunnings team also has a generic guide How to create a VJ feature wall that you might like to check out, as well as our guide How to use a stud finder. Please have a look at the guides and let us know if you have any follow-up questions.

Certainly it's very common for people to install panels over plasterboard - you'll find many examples of projects on this site. The idea is to first use your stud finder to locate the studs, use adhesive to the back of the panels first and then nail your panel to the studs. 

Hope that helps get you started.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects