Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I stabilise the plant stand?

Bhavin2
Just Starting Out

How do I stabilise the plant stand?

How do I stabilise the plant stand, ensure less chance of tipping. Dont want to anchor to anything. Middle and bottom plant base are not screwed on to the stand. Stabilise on all sides if possible.

Screenshot 2023-06-24 203024.pngBottom.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I stabilise the plant stand?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bhavin2. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about stabilising a plant stand.

In order to stabilise something, it either needs to be connected to a solid substrate, or its base needs to be large or heavy enough to overcome the forces applied to the top of the stand. So, you could either increase the size of the base by screwing it to something like a flat panel or perhaps add a tall pot at the base and fill the bottom of it with rocks before adding the soil. Keep the top pots to something smaller and lightweight.

I see that you don't want to anchor it to something, but what about placing a concrete paver and anchoring it to that? That way, it wouldn't be permanently fixed to your floor.

What surface are you placing it on? If it was going on soil or grass, you could use tent pegs to hold it fixed in position.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects