Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Coastal cottage living room

TLRose
Growing in Experience

Coastal cottage living room

We wanted to turn what was once the garage into a relaxing space that was fresh and bright. 

Materials

Bunnings Wallpaper 

Fan

Vinyl Flooring 

Dulux Lexicon 1/4 for walls

and ceiling 

Tools

Steps

Step 1

IMG_3947.jpeg

Removed the concertina divider.

IMG_3949.jpeg

Step 2

IMG_3952.jpeg

Painted walls and wallpapered 2 walls with Bunnings wallpaper

IMG_3948.jpeg

Step 3

Installed a fan with light

IMG_3950.jpeg

Step 4

Covered cement floor with vinyl flooring 

IMG_3946.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Coastal Cottage Living Room

Another beautiful makeover, @TLRose.

Your living room ties in with your coastal-themed laundry so well. Your styling is on point and you've indeed created a brighter and fresher space. Any tips for anyone who may also be looking to bring coastal style to their home? Anything to keep in mind? 

I've also added this fantastic project as an entry in our ongoing D.I.Y. project search. 

Congratulations and many thanks for sharing this project.

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TLRose
Growing in Experience

Thank you Akanksha!

Tips for anyone wanting to create a coastal vibe/feel would be…. Keep everything light and bright which is why you generally can’t go wrong with lots of white, especially cool white tones. Don’t forget to bring in some natural warm tones like timber, I like dried palms, to stop spaces feeling too clinical. 
I usually add one other colour to the white and natural pallet. In this case a soft blue/grey wallpaper as it ties in with the cool white.

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Coastal cottage living room

Hi @TLRose Congratulations on the transformation you have achieved, well done, Looks very relaxing,  this is currently my favorite colour, I have recently painted my interior with the same paint, Dulux 1/4 strength Lexicon paint  and white ceilings, I originally use full strength Lexicon, but didn't turn out as I expected, (too much blue) so I changed to 1/4 strength which is much better for me.

Good luck on your entry for the DIY July competition.

TLRose
Growing in Experience

Thank you JoeAzza. 

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Great tips, thank you for sharing @TLRose :smile:

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Afternoon @TLRose 

Goodbye old in with swish :smile: Love that Concertina divider going... Man it lifts the room just by removing it! I have never really been keen on wallpaper (Had to remove super old wallpaper from a few rooms before) but the one you have, I like it. Would even be tempted to use it! :smile: 

The whole rooms looks so fresh right down to the vinal flooring you have chosen.

Dave

TLRose
Growing in Experience

Thanks so much. Wall paper is making a comeback. Who would have thought😃

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects