Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you install VJ Panelling over a fireplace?

Kimbra
Finding My Feet

Can you install VJ Panelling over a fireplace?

IMG_4027.jpeg

Hey everyone,

I’m just wondering if it’s possible to install VJ Panelling over a brick fireplace. If it is, is there an installation guide of some sort that would help me put the panelling up? 
Also, I’d like to install the VJ panelling or shiplap on my living room ceiling. Is that possible and is there a guide /instructions? I will be installing it on my own. 😊

I hope all of this makes sense.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can you install VJ Panelling over a fireplace?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kimbra. We're pleased to have you join us. 

As a timber product, VJ panels cannot be installed in the specified exclusion zone around a fireplace. You can find details in the EasyCraft guide -  Fireplace Exclusion Guidelines.

There is also a guide for ceiling installations -Easycraft Guidelines for Ceilings.

Hope that helps get you started. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions and our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts will be more than happy to assist.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Can you install VJ Panelling over a fireplace?

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for providing both guides. I totally understand now why the panel’s need to be removed from the fire place exclusion zone. I also think I’ll be giving the ceiling VJ panel installation a miss. There’s a lot more to the installation than what I thought there would be.

Anyway, I have another question I need to ask, but I need to take a photo first. 
cheers 

Kimbra

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects