Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best way to hang this picture frame?

barydos
Having an Impact

Best way to hang this picture frame?

Hi,

This is perhaps a very simple answer, but I've noticed online there are many different ways to hang picture frames.

We recently got a picture frame from Spotlight which I'd like to hang up on the wall in landscape orientation.

I'm only used to hanging stuff with keyholes where I just put screws (anchored where necessary) into the wall.

But this frame looks to have non-keyhole shaped holes. Ideally, I'd also like to put as small a hole as possible.

What are the different ways I could hang this? I need advice before I put in unnecessary holes in the wall. Thanks!

pictureFrame.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Best way to hang this picture frame?

Hi @barydos,

You might like to check out this helpful guide: How to hang just about anything. The easiest and least invasive method of hanging this frame would be to locate a stud and place a standard timber screw through the plaster and into it. The saw-tooth hanger is simply placed over the head of the screw. Alternatively, if you can't find a stud in a desired location, you can screw one of these plasterboard Wallmates into the plaster and place a screw in it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Oh, so I'm supposed to bend that saw-tooth flap out and then a single screw in the middle tooth should do the trick?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's it, @barydos. Sorry, I didn't notice they were pressed flat. The only other option would be to use two of the keyhole fixings and hanging hooks. However, getting everything installed and aligned correctly is far more difficult with two mounting points.

Mitchell

No worries, thanks for confirming! And also for the resource earlier.

One more question - what is the 3 circle holes under the saw-teeth for?

I was looking at these 3M claw hangers: https://www.bunnings.com.au/3m-claw-picture-hanger-3-pack_p0203110 and thought if the circles were positioned on the other side, I could bend it out and use this 3M claw. But that doesn't seem to be the case

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I think the three circle holes are sharp punchouts with teeth embedded into the timber @barydos. They hold the saw-tooth fitting to the backing board.

You could use those picture hangers on the saw tooth section, but you might need to bend the saw-tooth fitting our quite far from the wall.

Mitchell

Ahh I double checked and you're right. Thanks as always for the swift help!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects