Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace the washer/cartridge in PYRAMIS mixer tap?

alexk
Just Starting Out

How to replace the washer/cartridge in PYRAMIS mixer tap?

20240227_000947.jpg

 I have a slow drip from my PYRAMIS kitchen tap. How do you know which is the correct washer/cartridge to use. Is there a special tool to use to unscrew?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace the washer/cartridge in PYRAMIS mixer tap?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @alexk. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing a mixer cartridge.

The best way to determine the correct cartridge is to take it into your local Bunnings store, and a helpful plumbing team member will assist you in matching it.

In order to access the inner workings, you need to start by isolating the tap or turning off your water supply. Next, open the tap to release any residual water in the lines. The handle needs to be removed, and a hidden grub screw which appears to be under the tiny cap under your handle is what holds it in position. Take a small flathead screwdriver and flip the cap off; be careful not to lose it. Inside the cap, when the handle is turned in the correct orientation, which is likely straightforward forward, you'll see a grubscrew, requiring a small Allenkey to remove. After you've removed the grub screw, the handle should pull off. Under the cap, you'll find a large nut, which you'll need multi-grip pliers to remove. This nut retains the cartridge, so you can now pull it out.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
alexk
Just Starting Out

Where to find appropriate item

20240405_175734.jpg

20240405_175619.jpg

 Tried Bunnings & 2 other plumbing parts businesses so far with no luck. Where else to look, any suggestions.

20240405_175721.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where to find appropriate item

Hi @alexk,

It sounds like the cartridge that has been used is fairly unique, so your next step would be contacting the manufacturer as they would be most familiar with their products. I will point out, though, that by the time you purchase the cartridge, it might be worth considering installing a new mixer tap, which wouldn't be much more expensive.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects