Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace cartridge in this tap?

Flic6
Just Starting Out

How to replace cartridge in this tap?

20220910_130549.jpg

 hoping someone can help me.  I have googled and can't figure out how to get the tap cover off to replace the cartridge. No hot/ cold indicator to take off or hidden screw.  No branding or anything on the tap to help.  

Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to replace cartridge in this tap?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Flic6. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing a sink mixer cartridge.

The first place to look is in the hole that the pin lever handle screws into. Grip the lever and unscrew it counterclockwise. If you have a look in the hole you'll likely find the grubscrew that holds the tap hood on. I've added an image below of a pin lever being removed.

If the grubscrew is not in that hole and you've already searched the body of the tap, then it's probably under the hood. You'll need to turn your water off and lift the lever like you were turning the water on full blast. The grubscrew can sometimes be hidden under the hood.

Please let me know how you go or if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects