Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a cartridge on a Mondella maestro level handle sink mixer?

AbdulHaddad
Just Starting Out

593A8ED8-C618-4BB2-AA2B-228D339B3325.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to replace a cartridge on a Mondella maestro level handle sink mixer

Hello @AbdulHaddad

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about repairing your Mondella sink mixer.

The grub screw for the handle has been cleverly hidden inside the handle itself. You'll notice that there is a cut-away section at the bottom of the handle if you were to pull the handle towards you, there should be a small gap that will allow an Allen key to pass through. 

However, if there are no gaps, the second location is in the handle itself. Twist the handle anti-clockwise to remove the handle, you should be able to see the grub screw right under the handle. I've placed a diagram below to give you an idea of where to look.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I removed the handle and can’t find the grub screw or a place to put the Allen key.

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @AbdulHaddad 

You are very close to finding the location of the grub screw, you just need to remove the post using a Philips head screwdriver and the post will come off and inside the hole is the access to the grub screw. I've placed some images below to give you an idea of how to disassemble it. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

A1.jpgA2.jpgA3.jpgA4.jpgA5.jpgA6.jpgA7.jpg

david71
Finding My Feet

Re: How to replace a cartridge on a Mondella maestro level handle sink mixer?

You  showing me  how to take the grub screw out of the cartridge, but I can’t take the handle off to get into the cartridge area. How do I get the cartridge out after I found a grub screw and undone it

I got to this stage, but how do I get the cartridge out?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @david71. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a tap cartridge.

Can you please post a photo of your tap now? Let me know if you need assistance uploading an image. @EricL has shown you how to access the grubscrew, which is inside the hole in his last image. Once that grubscrew is removed, the remaining section of the handle can be pulled off. That will then expose the cartridge, which can be removed with a spanner. 

Mitchell

david71
Finding My Feet

Re: How to replace a cartridge on a Mondella maestro level handle sink mixer?

IMG_4194.jpeg

image.jpg

 I got to this stage and the grub screw is out, but I can’t take the handle off what’s next

IMG_4194.jpeg

 I got to this stage and the grub screw come out now what I can’t get the rest off to get to the cartridge

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

If you've removed the grub screw from that hole, then the chrome domed cap that the handle was attached to should pull straight off @david71. It might be a bit stuck, so you could try levering it off with a flathead screwdriver. Careful not to damage the chroming, though.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects