Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair this burnt mark on the kitchen benchtop?

Ilakiyadevi
Just Starting Out

How to repair this burnt mark on the kitchen benchtop?

1000070224.jpg

1000070224.jpg

1000070224.jpg

  

1000070155.jpg

 hi all,

Can yoh please advice me how to fix up this tiny burnt marks in the kitchen benchtop. Sorry for the image clarity. It was shared by agent. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to repair this burnt mark on the kitchen benchtop?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ilakiyadevi.

We trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration for all your projects from our wonderful members.

So our members can assist, can you please tell us what your material your benchtop is? For example, is it a laminate? If it is, the Bunnings team has step-by-step advice in the article How to repair a laminate benchtop.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Ilakiyadevi 

Thank you for sharing your question about repairing your kitchen benchtop. From the pictures you've posted it looks like it is a laminated benchtop. Would it be possible for you to post one more photo of the damaged area? Looking at the ones you've posted, it is difficult to tell how bad the burn mark is and if the top part has been stripped off.

If it is a laminated surface, I can only suggest a temporary patch to cover the area that has been peeled off. It is generally a combination of using a multipurpose patch such as Parfix 500g Ready To Use Multipurpose Filler. Once the filler cures, the surface is then covered with touch up paint that is close to your benchtops colour. If put in properly the repair should blend in nicely. Just be aware that the paint will eventually fade, or the filler will crack due to everyday use.

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1, @TedBear and @JoeAzza for their recommendations.   

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Ilakiyadevi , if this is a laminate top, try getting a sample laminate from Bunnings then cut the damaged area out into a square shape then trim the sample piece to fit the cut out, you can then glue in place with laminate adhesive, I am not sure if Bunnings have laminate samples, @EricL @might be able to assist.

JoeAzza_0-1696321464498.png

I found this site that give free samples.

https://www.polytec.com.au/samples/?gad=1

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Morning @Ilakiyadevi 

Ugh, these things happen and then its time to think outside the square, well hole :smile:

I definently want to see a better photo of how deep that hole is? Like @EricL  id suggest to fill the hole and colour it to match. With the bench being dark the colour nmatching should blend pretty nicely.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects