Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove old kitchen taps?

Tjohnson
Finding My Feet

How to remove old kitchen taps?

16930876646349032894097150077137.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove old kitchen taps

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Tjohnson. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing old kitchen taps.

I presume you want to remove the entire tap body from the splashback. To do so, you'd take a pipe wrench and grip the tap body where the spindle screwed in and then turn the tap body anti-clockwise. Alternatively, you might be able to stick a large screwdriver in the spout or in the spindle hole and use it as a lever to turn the body.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

16930926366784786243169288221707.jpg

 Thanks for your help Mitchell, follow up question. Can this tap be installed here or do I have the wrong thing?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Possibly @Tjohnson. It will depend on whether the threads are male or female on the wall. If they are female, that should work, but I don't think it will be possible if they are male. That style of tap is designed to go on a thin wall and have female adaptors screwed onto it's threaded sections.

The copper-coloured nut will unscrew off your new tap, but can you tell if the male copper thread can be removed as well? If it was just the chrome portion without the copper thread, then that should screw directly onto what I presume will be male threads coming out of the wall.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects